AmeriLawyer - spiegel& utrera P.A. sells bogus corps, LLCs, ripped me off

Aug 18, 2008
review #131939

Amerilawyer.com aka: Spiegel & Utrera sold me a corporation that was owned by some very bad people.Also the LLC I got had tax debts and lawsuits.

I tried to get a refund but the said it was my bad luck. Now my business is being audited and I have judgements against me. I don't recomend that buy any of these companies from any of their offices. Also their advice on the phone was pretty much worthless.

I would rather hire a local attorney or tax consultant for basic tax and legal advice.

This company never called me back after I paid them.

a9d56c8
Had an experience with AmeriLawyer?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
Native New Yorker

Jun 14

I live in New York City and I'm looking to form a LLC. I already own a separate business as a sole proprietorship. The filing fee to apply for an LLC in New York State is $200.00. Spiegel & Utrera, P.A. is offering an LLC with all the bells and whistles for $234.95. After carefully reading every review on this site paying special attention to the "fan" rebuttals I have come to the following conclusion. The comments made praising this company are being made by the company in response to the bad press. That is obvious to me, but maybe not to some. I wouldn't recommend that anyone whose had the good sense to take the time out to research this firm and have made it this far run as fast as you can. If it sounds to good to be true. IT IS! Run Lulu Run.

David S

Jan 31 Bloomfield, New Jersey

I used their service here in NJ to create an LLC. It was the cheapest I could find on the web. I thought that they did a very good job for the money. Now I have gone back to them to get another LLC rolling. Granted its just an LLC, so I don't have experience with anything that is serious in the legal realm. But I think that they are legit and would recommend them to others.

Joseph

Dec 10, 2013

Your just a liar and a competitor.

Aug 01, 2013 Houston, Texas

i ordered corporation,for delaware , and was ripped off. i've been waiting for a year to incoporate or return my money.............to no avail! Sharks! beware of natalia.

RIPPED OF RETURNING CUSTOMER

Jun 05, 2013 New York City, New York

Submitted detailed job requirements for a corporate agreement between partners, paid the quote provided.
Waited for 7+ months to get the "job done" just to be presented with an empty template of a standard agreement between partners (Downloadable from Google)
Spend days fixing the template and plugging in information pertinent to my business. Sent the correction back to the company, and was presented with an asinine quote to make the corrections to a template which was never customized for my business to begin with.
Once I voiced my concern to the company that the money was paid for a service that was not rendered, I got a reply back that no further work will be done unless I pay them more money again.
Overall this is the worst, and the most irritating and least professional experience I had with ANY company.
When I asked for a refund for the “provided services” I was presented with a breakdown of charges that never happened. Items were added to my order that were never requested or delivered…and when I spoke to the main attorney at the company Mr. Larry Spiegel about the issue I am having, and presented him with a copy of my actual order VS. what the company claims it was, he went out of his way to antagonize me further until he eventually said that no work or refunds will be issued for me no matter what i do.

This group

Jul 16, 2012

Is surely connected to some shady characters. One company they incorporated is connected with bogus donations boxes popping up around Fl that sells clothing donated under guise of charity. Sovereign Planet.

Vinod Bojedla

Mar 23, 2012

i have used their services in new Jersey. I Incorporated through them 2 times with out any incident. I got through to them by phone and email. i am about to do another Corporation right now. i am surprised to read negetive review on them. I am going ahead anyway. Let me see what will happen this time. I will keep you posted

Curious

Feb 13, 2012

So what happened to the law suit Amerilawyer filed? Let me guess, parties settled out of Court with both sides claiming victory... yawn... Spiegel and Utrera, not nearly as facy as they think they are and Spiegel is quite frankly a little abrasive to deal with. But hey, that is just my opinion, hope I don't get sued by them!!

Lucia F.

Oct 11, 2011

I have used their services 3 times (twice in UK and 1 in the USA) and I have never had problems. My only regret is that in the USA their services (Miami Office) are sometimes slow and it's not to easy to get in touch with them by phone. Their office in London works perfectly and they always answer my emails in the same working day.

But they never caused me any problem.

chris

Mar 26, 2011

i bought a corporation thru them but that as far they went.they could not help for anything else

Amerilawyer

Feb 17, 2011

This Notice is posted pursuant to Pissed Consumer Civil Subpoena Policy. Spiegel & Utrera, P.A. of 1840 Coral Way, 4th Floor, Miami, Florida 33145 with contact phone number - (305) 854-6000, has initiated a cause of action in the U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida, 400 North Miami Avenue, Miami, Florida 33128 in case number 1:10-cv-23890-PAS and pursuant to a validly served subpoena, Opinion Corp., a New York Corporation and owner of domain name, pissedconsumer.com is commanded to produce the identity of the author of this posting to Spiegel & Utrera, P.A. within no more than 20 days from the date of this notice.

Xpress Page

May 19, 2013 Ontario, California

Hello all,
I am here to just find out what happened with your law suit.
I am only interested for my own knowledge :? .

www.XpressPage.com

5 Stars!

Oct 23, 2010

Refreshing to do business with a company that provides a quality (legal) service at a price that will keep you coming back for more.

Great business model!

Thanks,
Angie

Andy Gump

Oct 02, 2010

:) a bit slow for my taste but paperwork does take time. I have incorporated through them twice without a problem, visited their offices once and dissolved another corp as well without issues, their help line could use some help in answering harder questions and the phone calls being returned just never happened for me....still a good price for the service offered. I wish however they would put things a bit more simpler for example, with our resale license, they didnt fill out correctly, and didnt advise we needed to get a county license to operate.

anyone got a good tax guy that does book keeping also?

Andrea

Sep 19, 2010

I was compelled to post a comment, even though I really don't like to do this. I registered my business with them this past August. I received my paperwork within my requested 2 week processing time and have made several calls to their legal assistance line. Their legal assistance service is incredible! I have their number on speed dial for legal and business help all year round! It's obvious to me that competitors are trying to damage their reputation. So sad....

John Strange

May 05, 2010

My old roommate who is a millionaire (not from amerilaywers help) said he used them when he formed his HOA and was obviously happy enough with them to tell me to use them for my LLC. I have not used them but I can say for sure; they did not rip him off.

Alex

Apr 28, 2010

When you are buying an aged corporation you always run the risk of getting stuck with all the liabilitys of the aged corporations. All these law firms do is buy the rights of corps who are suspended for not paying the fees and resells them at a marked up price. Best advice I can give is not to buy aged corps.

Penny

Mar 17, 2010

I'm glad I read this report. I have contacted this firm and even submitted my credit card information on their website. I did speak with someone and they requested information and we sent it to them and it's been over three weeks and three calls to them, and no return call. Thankfully, they didn't charge my card yet, but I will need to notify the bank to make sure they do not.

tom s

Feb 05, 2010

just want to say i have used this co. for yhe last 15 years find them to be reasonable and reputable

1-20 of 26 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about AmeriLawyer.
Filing a new complaint about
×